Flu vaccinations are available between September and February. You do not need to make an appointment.
You are eligible to receive a free flu jab if you:
You don't need a GP referral or GP permission to have a free flu jab in pharmacy.
- are 65 years of age or over
- are pregnant
- have certain medical conditions
- are very overweight
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- receive a carer's allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- are a front-line health and social care worker. It is your employer's responsibility to arrange vaccination for you
If you fall outside of the eligibility group you can still choose to get vaccinated against flu and help prevent this debilitating infection from spoiling your winter. We can provide the flu jab for you at a small cost. Please contact us for further information.